A Work of Fiction



Martin and his girlfriend Steff have moved into the cottage of their dreams in deepest, rural Wiltshire.
Read her diary and live the life.


Rundown and Romantic

Monday 27 December 2010

Being on The Mound in the snow is like trudging through a white and silent dream.

Our wellies crunch and grind upon uneven ground and the slightest nudge to an overhanging branch causes an icy spattering of snow to fall on our hatted heads.

In the summer this hill is a different place but right now it holds all my dreams and fears in its frozen maw. I hug Joe tightly with one arm and wrap myself around the trunk of the nearest tree with the other to stop myself sliding down into the smallholding nestled below, thinking that if I just stepped out I could stand on the roof of the house...

It is Seb's house, and I must tear my eyes away. But I feel my feet slipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment