A Work of Fiction



Martin and his girlfriend Steff have moved into the cottage of their dreams in deepest, rural Wiltshire.
Read her diary and live the life.


Rundown and Romantic

Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Eve

Hell, I wish I had gone to bed at a more reasonable hour last night. I shouldn't have worried about Seb coming over, though. He's such a lovely chap, he came armed with red wine and even brought a small present which I placed under the tree for tomorrow. He's naturally funny too, so I didn't have time to miss Martin too much. Is that bad?

Talking of which, he's coming back today! In fact, he should be here in an hour or two. Joe and I have put some last minute touches to the tree and got busy in the kitchen rustling up about a million mince pies ready for Santa tonight. But something tells me Santa won't get much of a look-in once Martin sees them! Right now, Joe is out in the snow with Bertie and the sheep and it just leaves me to clear up the fall-out of four, raisins and lumps of pastry that have somehow migrated right across the kitchen floor and are now halfway up the stairs. Where is that dog when I need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment