A Work of Fiction



Martin and his girlfriend Steff have moved into the cottage of their dreams in deepest, rural Wiltshire.
Read her diary and live the life.


Rundown and Romantic

Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Eve Eve

Thank God, no more snow last night, but Martin's stuck near Reading and is still trying to get home. Luckily he's been able to stay with some good friends so I'm not too worried about him, but Joe misses him terribly and it's hard work getting everything done by myself, much as I enjoy it.

The sheep are having a tough time of it, bless them. I threw in a load of potato peelings and old, wizened parsnips and carrots to their feed this morning. They pushed me over in their haste to get to it. The hay's a bit low on the ground too but at least their stable's full of straw. And oh God, was it ever cold out there...  

No comments:

Post a Comment